…a lot of it has passed since out last update regarding the supposed follow-up to Wintersun’s self-titled debut and as much as I’d like to tell you that in this one we have a release date or maybe something for you to feast your ears on, that just isn’t the case. No, this latest press release from Jari Mäenpää and company is to let us all know that Time is now to be Time I and Time II.
That’s right, the long awaited, and seemingly eternally postdated, Time is now going to be released as two separate albums. One in the fall of this year (though I feel like I’ve been hearing similar things for 8 years now) and another in early 2013.
Here’s what the band had to say for themselves:
"'Time' is going to be two albums, titled 'Time I' and 'Time II'. We made this decision simply because of few reasons:
* All the 80 minutes of material won't fit on a regular CD and we didn't want to cut anything out.
* We want you to be able to hear new material sooner and not wait any longer and we want to go on tour sooner.
* The music is very full and complex, so listening this kind of 'hard listening (not easy listening)' material straight for 80 minutes is a bit too much (even for me).
* Both albums will be approximately. nice 40 min epic packages of fireworks.
* We like the idea of releasing two albums within one year, so the band will stay more visible longer, which is important in these 'modern times.' No more years of silence for us!
"'Time I' mix is set to be finished by July, mastered in the beginning of July and released in early fall of 2012. 'Time II' will be released in 2013. Conception of album artworks, videos, live shows incl. rehearsals will keep us busy during the summer and I'll also continue mixing 'Time II' meanwhile. We'll be hopefully posting some videos and teasers during summer. Also some new live show announcements soon, so stay tuned for those!
"We can't wait for you guys to hear 'Time I' material and play it to you live!"
"Time I" track listing:
01. When Time Fades Away
02. Sons Of Winter And Stars
I) Rain Of Stars
II) Surrounded By Darkness
III) Journey Inside A Dream
IV) Sons of Winter And Stars
03. Land Of Snow And Sorrow
04. Darkness And Frost
Don’t hold your breath, friends. We’ll let you know if anything else develops.
Chief Editor and Writer for Metal CallOut. Favorite sub genre of heavy metal includes Black, Death, Folk and Traditional. Josh can be found at Google+.